Independent Cornish Fashion Label’s Sweatshirt worn on ITV’s Dancing on Ice!
An independent fashion label has its work cut out following a celebrity contestant wearing one of its eye-catching designs on ITV’s prime time show, ‘Dancing on Ice’.
North Cornwall fashion label Syrup & SALT (www.syrupandsalt.co.uk) has seen an enormous influx of orders since Melody Thornton wore the striking blue cropped sweatshirt bearing the company’s iconic glittery lightning bolt design.
Melody Thornton, 34, is a former member of the US band The Pussycat Dolls, and one of the remaining six celebrities left on the hit dance show, along with Love Island's Wes Nelson, Westlife star Brian McFadden and Loose Women's Saira Khan.
Founder of Syrup and SALT, Kato Harrison, says “I’ve been absolutely blown away with the amount of emails and sweatshirt orders flooding in since Melody wore my sweatshirt on Sunday. I am a one-woman small independent company and personally customise each sweatshirt by hand, so I am going to be very busy following the success of this awesome publicity. It’s all very exciting!”
The fashion label has seen a huge amount of interest both on social media and via the online shop since the TV show aired on Sunday 13th January; this week’s sales are already up by a huge increase when compared to last year’s January figures, showing that celebrity endorsements really do pay off.
From her North Cornwall design studio, Kato Harrison creates unique pieces bearing her own quirky original designs using heat-pressed vinyl digitally cut from her hand-drawn images. Her eye for detail and bold individual style leads to an unexpected yet beautifully relevant collection of sweatshirts, jackets, t-shirts and accessories with fun and frolic at its core.
Anyone interested in purchasing a blue lightning bolt sweatshirt as worn by Melody Thornton on Dancing on Ice can purchase one here for RRP £45 (but currently £10 off until Saturday 19th January!).
For the Editor:
- For more information, high res images, an interview with Kato Harrison or anything else please don’t hesitate to get in touch with PR Consultant Claire Fulton Ray clairefultonray.co.uk 01841 540765 / 07990 517052
- Images via WeTransfer: https://we.tl/t-ksUFj0nAtu (is using images please ensure that the website https://syrupandsalt.co.uk is mentioned somewhere in the article)
- Syrup and SALT is an independent fashion label which sprang forth from the passion and verdant imagination of Kato Harrison. This fun-loving forward-thinking clothing brand fizzes with a zest for design and a passion for fashion. Syrup and SALT is an online store (syrupandsalt.co.uk) which also has high street presence on Molesworth Street in Wadebridge.
- About the sweatshirt: Customisation is part of what makes independent fashion label Syrup and SALT so great. Cropped and slashed, the customisation on this sapphire-coloured sweat makes each garment unique. Customised with slashed neck/bottom, soft touch, washed effect, drop shoulder style, ribbed collar, cuffs and hem, taped neck, twin needle stitching. RRP £45
- The episode of Dancing on Ice aired on ITV on Sunday 14th January